IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING OUR SERVICE:
The Paddock is based in West Gateshead (North East), covering Gateshead, Newcastle, some of Country Durham (not Durham City) & some of Northumberland (Tyne Valley & West Northumberland - Hexham to Allenheads). WE DO NOT OFFER NATIONAL DELIVERY - ORDERS PLACED FOR NATIONAL DELIVERY WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ARRANGEMENTS BEFORE ORDERING & ONLY ORDER IF THE BELOW APPLIES TO YOU AND YOU LIVE WITHIN ONE OF THE DELIVERY AREAS MENTIONED ABOVE (FOR A MORE DETAILED LIST OF DELIVERY AREAS PLEASE SEE THE FAQS SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE).
We are currently accepting NO MORE NEW CUSTOMERS to our delivery service. We hope to be able to revise this in the coming weeks, and will update as and when we can. ORDERS FROM NEW CUSTOMERS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION unless they are placed via the Click & Collect Page for COLLECTION ONLY or with one of our drop off points (information available in the FAQs).
In order to continue to serve our customers efficiently, and to ensure that we are able to support those most in need in our community, we are putting the following steps in place:
1. ALL EXISTING CUSTOMER ORDERS MUST BE PLACED ONLINE VIA OUR WEBSITE BY 6pm on FRIDAY for delivery the following week. We can't accept orders by telephone, email or social media channels. You will receive the usual automatic email notification when the order is received and then processed. We cannot guarantee any delivery until the order is processed. ALL ORDERS MUST INCLUDE A £12.50 MINIMUM SPEND ON FRUIT/VEG. IF YOU HAVE A REGULAR RECURRING ORDER IN PLACE THIS WILL CONTINUE TO BE DELIVERED AS ARRANGED.
2. NO AMENDMENTS TO ORDERS PLACED VIA OUR WEBSITE WILL BE ACCEPTED ONCE THE ORDER IS PLACED. Please use the comments section of the website order form to request items you cannot see listed on the website. We are sorry about this, but the volume of processing is just too great to continue with our usual level of personalised service and we are unable to process all email requests during this busy period.
AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATIONS OF REGULAR RECURRING ORDERS MUST BE MADE BY EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 6PM FRIDAY. IF YOU WISH TO ADD ONTO AN EXISTING REGULAR ORDER, PLEASE DO SO USING THE WEBSITE & NOTE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS SECTION DURING THE CHECKOUT PROCESS THIS IS AN ADDITION TO YOUR EXISTING ORDER. WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO ACCEPT ONE EMAIL OR WEBSITE AMENDMENT REQUEST PER EACH REGULAR ORDER PER WEEK.
3. AS OF 3RD APRIL 2020 NO MORE NEW CUSTOMERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
WE ARE PRIORITISING REGULARS AND THOSE IN OUR COMMUNITY WHO FALL WITHIN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- elderly and isolated
- vulnerable for health reasons
- key worker / NHS staff
If you are a new customer and have never received an order from The Paddock, I am sorry but we are currently unable to accept an order from you for delivery. You can reserve a collection slot via the Click & Collect Page of our website for COLLECTION ONLY . Any orders placed by new customers for delivery without a collection slot booked will be deleted without notification.
4. If you have a query about billing or payment please email email@example.com. If you have a query about an order please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to reply to messages sent to any other email address you may have for us, or to voicemails or social media.
5. Please order set price boxes with additional groceries wherever possible.
6. Please only request a weekly delivery if you genuinely intend to receive the box regularly, otherwise you have taken a delivery slot from someone who may have appreciated it more than you.
Thank you so much for cooperating with us - that's how we will get through this together. Eat well, stay safe. Look after yourselves & each other, and be kind always.
We are NOT a national company, we do NOT deliver to London & we do NOT post eggs! Your order will be cancelled without notification if it is placed for eggs alone, or to a national/London address.
We cannot guarantee stock levels of anything listed on our website at this current time, and prices are not final, all are subject to market fluctuations.
Established in 2013 by Laura Jayne Burlison, The Paddock is an organic fruit and veg box scheme and delivery service focusing on environmentally friendly, local produce with ethics at the heart of everything we do. The Paddock Farm Shop is a zero waste shop stocking a range of organic and local products, with minimal plastic packaging, a refill system for eco friendly household products and a plastic free pantry of organic dried foods which can be bought loose, by weight with no plastic packaging. The Paddock has been inspired by our family smallholding, named The Paddock, based on the beautiful Northumberland border.
Read Our Story.
The Paddock is a family run, organic Fruit and Veg Box Scheme, covering Newcastle, Gateshead, some parts of County Durham (not Durham City) and Northumberland (Tyne Valley & West Northumberland - Hexham to Allenheads). We aim to focus on organic, local and fair trade foods with an open and honest policy about how and where our food is produced, the miles it has travelled, the packaging it comes in and the impact it has on our environment.
Full info on delivery can be found in the FAQs section of the website.
Watch a short video from HexhamTV for a little more info on what we offer:
The Paddock Farm Shop, 7-9 Ramsay Street, High Spen, NE39 2EL focuses on organic, local produce with a zero waste ethos aiming to reduce single use plastics, reuse whatever we can and finally recycle whatever we can't to provide eco friendly options for our customers with minimal environmental impact. Pop in and refill from our Refill Station, a selection of eco friendly household cleaning products or top up on those cupboard store essentials such as rice and pasta from our Plastic Free Pantry of Loose Organic Dried Goods.
Read more about our Farm Shop.
Wednesday & Thursday: 10am-5pm
Second Saturday of the month ONLY: 10am-2pm
THE PADDOCK FARM SHOP IS CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC DURING THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC & AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER CLICK & COLLECT ONLY.
The Paddock itself is my family's 6 acre smallholding which we have owned since 2002, based on the beautiful Northumberland/
This has provided the starting point for our small, family run business aiming to bring local, fresh, seasonal, homegrown, homemade and organically sourced (wherever possible) food to the doors of local people throughout Gateshead, Newcastle, County Durham and Northumberland through a delivery service and our Farm Shop. We also offer a range of eco friendly household options which can be delivered alongside a veg box or collected from our Farm Shop.
Our delivery service runs weekly on a Wednesday and Thursday depending upon your area. You can collect from one of our drop off points by arrangement with the drop off point directly, please see the FAQs section of our website for full info.
Orders must be received by 6pm on a Friday evening for delivery the following Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Payment is taken upon delivery/collection (not upon placing the order) by direct bank transfer. If you choose to collect from a drop off point, you can pay them directly upon collection using your card.
Once you have placed your order, you will be contacted directly by email to confirm delivery and payment options.
Please read through the "Frequently Asked Questions" section before placing an order for full info on the service including delivery areas and collection points!
Use the quick links below to view our produce by category, scroll through the menu using the arrows, or head over to the main menu by clicking the link.